- Langtang's ancient and culturally rich Tibetan monasteries
- Enchanting beauty of rhododendron and bamboo forests
- Langtang Region's most majestic waterfalls & sacred lakes
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking is the nearest Himalayan region from Kathmandu valley that offers a blessing to every individual searching for wonderful experience. Along with this 7 Days, Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking in Langtang Region will provide you ample opportunities to explore it. A few hour’s drives from Kathmandu will take you to the beautiful Langtang region. Despite being very close to Kathmandu, the Langtang region is as wild as any Tibetan highlands with the heavenly rural landscape. People living in the highlands of the Langtang region are Nepalese but they slightly resemble the Tibetan, their alleged ancestors.
The Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking is an amazing trek offering travelers a peek into the culture and lifestyle of the Tamang people who are the mountain dwellers of the Langtang region. It is a newly opened trekking route located between Mount Langtang and Ganesh Himal. Situated just north of Kathmandu Valley, the Tamang Heritage Trail is one of the most accessible trekking regions in Nepal.
Getting to Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
The Tamang Heritage Trek starts from Syabrubesi which is a 5-6 hours drive from Kathmandu. As the trail ascends north towards the Tibetan borderlands, trekkers enjoy a relatively gentle walk through picturesque villages, terraced fields, and peaceful valleys. As we continue further, we will be able to appreciate a local fort, monastery and exquisite local architecture of the Tamang homes. As we near the end of the trek we enjoy a homestay experience in Briddim. We can also relax in the natural hot springs at Tatopani.
The Tamang Heritage Trek is a great trek offering spectacular mountain scenery, terraced fields and exposure to unique Tamang culture. Please see the itinerary for the day by day route. On the other options, the Nepal Lion Tours & Treks does offer a 14 Day long Langtang Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking just in case you want the trek to last longer.
- Day 1:
Drive from Kathmandu to Syarubesi
- Day 2:
Syarubesi to Gatlang
- Day 3:
Gatlang to Tatopani
- Day 4:
Tatopani to Thuman
- Day 5:
Trek from Thuman to Briddim
- Day 6:
Trek from Briddim to Syabrubesi
- Day 7:
Drive back to Kathmandu from Syabrubensi
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Syarubesi
We wake up early and prepare for a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, a beautiful village which is the starting point for many treks in the Langtang region.
We drive on a winding road enjoying outstanding views of Manaslu, Annapurna and Ganesh Himal. We continue until we descend to the small village of Syabrubesi.
Day 2: Syarubesi to Gatlang
We start the trek from Syabrubesi to reach the viewpoint where we get a spectacular view of Ganesh Himal, Gosaikunda range and the Goljang valley. From here the trail descends to Goljang valley with views of Ganesh Himal, Shishapangma, Langtang-Lirung and others. We continue until we reach Gatlang, a small village on a hillside with traditional stone houses.
Day 3: Gatlang to Tatopani
We begin our trek from Gatlang with a descent to Thangbuche as we soak-in the splendid views of Ganesh Himal and Langtang Ranges along the way. We continue our walk to cross the Chilime Hydropower dam from where the trail will ascend until Tatopani. The name Tatopani in Nepali literally means hot water owing to the natural hot springs over here. We take a dip into the natural hot water to relax our exhausted muscles.
Day 4: Tatopani to Thuman
Today we trek from Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali. We ascend to Nagthali Danda, a hill top with amazing views of snow capped Himalayas.
We traverse through the dense alpine forest and reach the small Tamang settlement of Brimdang. We continue walking uphill to Nagthali where we get to enjoy the mesmerizing views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himal accompanied by warm tea. After tea, we continue our walk to reach a Tamnag village of Thuman.
Day 5: Trek from Thuman to Briddim
We start our trek in the relatively flat trail as we slowly start to descend to Timure. We continue our walk to Briddim, a Buddhist village located on the lap of Langtang Himal. Houses in Briddim are built with stones and resemble a typical Tibetan village. The inhabitants of the village are mostly of Tibetan origin.
Day 6: Trek from Briddim to Syabrubesi
We start our walk to Syabrubesi and follow the Bhote Kosi River on the left side of the valley to the north. We cross the river and follow through paddy and corn fields and descend to Syabrubesi.
Day 7: Drive back to Kathmandu from Syabrubensi
After breakfast, we take a five-hour drive back to Kathmandu along the winding road.
Cost Includes and Excludes
- Airport transfers, pick up and drop (in our own vehicle)
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi and back to Kathmandu in local bus
- Food all along the trip (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trip in hotels with family environment
- Licensed English or Chinese or Korean or Hindi along with Nepali speaking trekking guide
- Transportation, food, accommodation and insurance of Guide during the trip
- Down jacket, all-season sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map (in case if you dont have your own. Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag must be returned after completion of the trip)
- All the required permits and paperworks(National park permit, TIMS etc)
- First Aid Medical Kit (Carried by the guide)
- A nation-wide operated Mobile SIM Card and a map of the trekking region
- Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant(complimentary)
- International Airfare and Your Visa Charges
- Hotel Expenses (In Kathmandu)
- Your travel and medical insurance
- Personal Expenses such as shopping, bar bills, hot shower, telephone, laundry, titbits etc
- Food and accommodations in Kathmandu
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on charted helicopter
Whats App: +977 9851039020
Short Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking