- Explore the well-preserved Tibetan culture of Mustang.
- Visit Muktinath, one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimage sites in Nepal
- Exploration of Panoramic Mountain view.
- Experience the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali ethnic teams and their native lifestyles.
Lower Mustang trekking explores usually known as “The prohibited Kingdom” mustang located north of the Himalayas besides the southern part of the Tibetan plateau. As a section of the Annapurna region, it takes you to the southern border of the previous Mustang kingdom without high altitude. With spectacular big Himalayas, it presents a decade long culture of Himalayan folks. though it preserved its identity as an autonomous dynasty the ancient Kingdom had its strong connection with Tibet. Culture and faith are the bonds that keep mustang still preponderantly Tibetan.
Lower Mustang trekking explores natural beauties in addition cultural together with the historical setting of its own dynasty. mustang presents the return glimpse of what Tibet might have been before the Chinese occupation. the favored Mustangs path encompasses a strict control to form a visit for a foreigner, you have to get a special permit from the Department of Immigration. Our Lower mustang trekking takes you Muktinath, the holy temple area together with the Apple garden of Marpha. you’ll be able to get pleasure from hot spring at Tatopani with a gorgeous view of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and the whole Annapurna region.
Annapurna region is the best arrangement of the Himalaya Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna (8091m), Manaslu (8156m), Lamjung Himal (6983m), Machapuchhre (6993m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Tilicho Peak (7134m) and Nilgiri (6940m) with The Kaligandaki passing between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri, the deepest gorge of the planet. besides these, on Lower mustang trekking you see barren moonscape of eroded sandstone pillars and discontinuous moraine terraces along presenting a colorful montage completed with earthen reds, yellows and brown. Himalaya Thunder Team arranges all requirements for you to explore and experience of the Himalaya with its cultural, spiritual worth.
- Day 1:
Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
- Day 2:
Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- Day 3:
Drive to Pokhara, 6-7 hour drive
- Day 4:
Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2,720 m)
- Day 5:
Trek to Kagbeni (2,900 m)
- Day 6:
Trek to Muktinath (3710 m) with visit to Red Gompa.
- Day 7:
Trek to Marpha via Lupra Valley (2,790)
- Day 8:
Flight from Jomsom to Kathmandu via Pokhara
- Day 9:
Final Departure, Airport drop off.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Arrive in Kathmandu and you will be received by our company representative and transferred to the selected hotel. Welcome evening dinner is held in the hotel for all clients arriving today. A short brief about your trip is held. Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Second day we will have a sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu is the capital city of Nepal and is known as the city of temples. We will visit famous sites like Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath stupa , Boudhanath stupa , Kathmandu durbar square ,Thamel , famous sites of neighboring districts like Patan Durbar square , Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Changunarayan temple . Most of this site are listed in UNESCO world heritage sites.
Day 3: Drive to Pokhara, 6-7 hour drive
After finishing our tour in Kathmandu, third day we will drive to Pokhara. Pokhara is known as the city of lakes. This city is the most beautiful city of Nepal and also the most sought tourist destination place. There are plenty of things to do in Pokhara. You will visit famous lakes like Phewa Lake, Begnas Lake, famous cave and one of the famous water fall. We will be spending our night in a beautiful hotel.
Day 4: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2,720 m)
In the morning we will take an early flight to Jomsom which will offer remarkable views of Mountains. From here onwards it is very windy in the afternoon. The path is quite barren with rocks and sands and the path is mostly flat. This trial will offer picturesque view of peaks like Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak and Dhampus .
Day 5: Trek to Kagbeni (2,900 m)
Next morning, we will towards Kagbeni after freshen up and having our breakfast. Kagbeni is the last village and the entrance point of Lower Mustang, which is situated at the top cliff. Along the trek, you will be visiting the King’s palace of 100 rooms, 800-year-old brick red Shakya Gompa, Kali Gandaki, and the Jhong Khola rivers, and so forth. Also, on the way, you will view Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, and Nilgiri, and, to the south, the Annapurna Massif.
Day 6: Trek to Muktinath (3710 m) with visit to Red Gompa.
After breakfast in Kagbeni, start your second day of the trek. You’ll first reach a village called Khingar and then Jharkot, which are both good places to stop for tea or lunch. Continue trekking until you get to another village called Ranipauwa and then continue to a small village surrounded by green hills called Muktinath.
Day 7: Trek to Marpha via Lupra Valley (2,790)
After breakfast at your teahouse, pay a visit to Muktinath Temple, an important place of worship for Nepalese Buddhists and Hindus. You will have the opportunity to visit the main temple and its surrounding area before you hit the trail. one hours more trek from Jomsom you will reach Marpha village.
Day 8: Flight from Jomsom to Kathmandu via Pokhara
You will catch an early morning flight to Pokhara. It is a fantastic way to finish off your Upper Mustang trek. This flight takes you along the Kali Gandaki Gorge between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges.
Day 9: Final Departure, Airport drop off.
Today you will take back the scenic drive back to Kathmandu which takes around 6 hrs. There is an option to have flight to Kathmandu from Pokhara on added extra cost as required.
Cost Includes and Excludes
- Airport picks up & drop by private vehicle to hotel.
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing.
- Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom and Jomsom to Pokhara.
- Necessary paperwork and Trekking Permits fee (ACAP permit).
- Accommodation during trek and Meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea).
- Licensed English or Chinese or Korean or Hindi along with Nepali speaking Friendly trekking guide.
- Coverage of Guides including their Meals, Insurance, Salary, Lodging, transportation and other necessary equipment.
- First Aid Medical Kit (Carried by the guide).
- Sleeping bag, down jackets and trekking map, if necessary.
- Emergency Evacuation Assistance Service (The cost of the helicopter, hospital and necessary transport are not payable by the company).
- Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu at a cultural restaurant (complimentary).
- A nation-wide operated Mobile SIM Card and a map of the trekking region.
- Porter (We can arrange porter for your trek).
- Private vehicle from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- International airfare.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport.
- Personal Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-chargefee).
- Accommodation, Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, except the farewell dinner.
- Emergency expenses such as expenses on charted helicopter.
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies etc.
- Gratitude and tips for your guide, porter and driver.
Whats App: +977 9851039020
Lower Mustang Trekking