Finally, Nepal opens international travel for 2021 which is good news for international travellers. With recent decisions, the Nepal government has decided to provide visa on arrival services to fully vaccinated international travellers who wants to enter the country. So, this means travellers can start their journey right after their entry.
Also, as of May 20, the visa services were suspended by the government because of the Covid-19 Pandemic. But, the government has issued orders to provide on-arrival visa to the travellers that are fully vaccinated. Likewise, these travellers need to provide documents that verify the status of full vaccination.
(a) Firstly, quarantine rules are not applied for a fully vaccinated traveller. But, the vaccination document they possess must ensure the last dose taken should be at least 14 days before entering Nepal.
(b) Secondly, the following documents are to be presented at the immigration
(i) Legitimate Vaccination Certificate proofing of 14 days after the last dose.
(ii) Legitimate RT-PCR negative test result within 72 hours or less before the first flight.
(iii) Legitimate proof of hotel booking details.
(iv) Printed detailed copy of International Online Arrival Form.
(v) Permit copy of trekking, mountaineering or similar activities.
Most importantly, traveller’s need to have a printed document including details for the ‘International Traveler Online Arrival Form’. This document will be sought by the authorities and you can fill the form via the CCMC website ccmc.gov.np.
(1) For non-vaccinated travellers, the government has no intention to provide them with an on-arrival visa. But, they can get a prior visa from Nepalese Diplomatic mission in their respective home country.
(2) Non-vaccinated travellers need to stay a 10 days hotel quarantine at their own cost. They can choose any government-approved hotel listed on this link. https://www.tourismdepartment.gov.np/pages/notices/33/195
(3) Further, when arriving in Nepal, non-vaccinated travellers should provide documents specified in number b, (except vaccination certificate) with proof of quarantine hotel booking.
(c) Every traveller coming to Nepal need to go through Rapid Antigen Test. If found positive, the travellers need to be quarantined at hospital/ isolation centres. Nepal Government manages the isolation centres under a set of guidelines.
On the other hand, these processes can be hectic for travellers but if you follow these rules it will benefit you and get you a hassle-free journey.
Nepal is advancing with the government’s aggressive inoculation campaign. Some of the statistics entail:
(1) Fully Vaccinated = 19% of the total population
(2) First dose = more than 21% of the remaining population
(3) Fully Vaccinated Frontline groups in Tourism sector = 95% of tourism workers (97% in Khumbu & Mustang Region)
Further, Nepal Lion Tours & Treks can say confidently that all of its staff and employees has been fully vaccinated. We ensure travel hygiene against Covid-19 and follow the protocols effectively. We are preparing to welcome travellers for the New Year or even sooner. Thus, we hope that the Nepal Tourism Sector will be normal as before.
Note: The government orders for the on-arrival visa is based on Infectious Disease Act, 2020.